Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pan Grilled Rib-eye Steak

We went out for our family lunch date. It has been our tradition to go out for a date as a family (my husband, my son and I) once a week. We expected that traffic was heavy due to an on-going road construction, surpisingly the traffic was light so we arrived at the mall early (too early for lunch). We ended up going to the supermarket to kill time which was a bad idea because we went out there with three bags of nice to have things such as Rib-eye steak. Now I proved the saying that one should never do groceries with an empty stomach.

Pan Grilled Rib-eye Steak
Serves: 2-3


½ kilo of Rib-eye Steak (2-3 pieces around 1-inch thick each)
Salt and pepper
1-2 Tbsp gourmet mustard or honey mustard

Directions:

1. Rub the steak with salt and pepper then generously spread the mustard on each side of the meat.
2. Place the meat inside the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to allow the flavoring to get through the meat.
3. Preheat the pan (a sturdy one) over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. The pan must be really hot. Grill each side for about 3 minutes for medium rare) and around 4-5 minutes for well-done.


For the side dish, I served the leftover Mango Salsa which I liked but my husband was not so crazy about it. I think next time I will serve my usual complementary dish like Mashed Potato, Sautéed Mixed Vegetables, or Sautéed Mushrooms.

Learning for the day, fresh and quality ingredients are critical to great cooking. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment